Real life example;
Subscription cost $199, annual ACC Work Safety Discount received by farm management $974.08 = 389% ROI
Simple, Mobile and Paperless
When the Zero Harm Farm team first sat around the proverbial boardroom (local cafe) in November 2015 working on the initial “napkin” draft of our overall mission to agriculture safety would be, we came up with the following general principal.
We wanted to develop a simple, mobile and paperless online tool to make the process for the “average” farmer complying with the new Health and Safety at Work Act (2015) as easy as possible.
Long term our team wanted to –
- Firstly, of course to reduce the disproportionate number of deaths and serious injuries in agriculture through a systematized and analyzable approach, similar to the aviation and medical sector
- Make the process of H&S management on farm and other work sites as cost effective and productive as possible for farm managers and contractors/visitors
- Effectively manage the process of notifying visitors in remote work places a visual and mobile one, which did not require the property manager to always be present in a specific location to deliver vital safety information, as required by the law
Why use a stick when there’s a big carrot already there?
We’ve spent months reading and re-reading the Health and Safety at Work Act (2015) to understand and interpret what we believed was required to comply with the updated Act.
In the end we decided to utilize ACC’s 17 step audit process in relation to their Work Safety Discount as the foundation for our online tool. We figured if this well considered frame work was a benchmark for the national insurer it would provide a great structure for our own online system to meet compliance standards.
In short, all work places which meet the ACC criteria, as reviewed by one of their audit representatives, are provided a 10% discount off their employee levy’s. For most farms this amounts to a considerable saving – between $500 and $1500 per year. The discount is also long ranging, provided for three years from the initial approval date.
We mussed, “Why wouldn’t any responsible workplace manager what to make a $199 investment in a health and safety system which also directly returns their business $500 – $1500 in savings every year?”
Another real example;
Subscription cost $199, annual ACC Work Safety Discount received by farm management $631.29 = 217% ROI
Use Zero Harm Farm, get your ACC Work Safety Discount, it’s that simple.
- Sign up to Zero Harm Farm – create your farm profile, all assistance from our support team is free of charge and you can trial the system for 30 days, no credit card required
- Once you’re up and running we’ll then assist in the application process with ACC so your property can apply for it’s levy discount. This service is currently free of charge and will only take around 30 minutes of your time to complete.
- That’s it. Time is running out, ACC is removing this discount structure on the 1st of April 2017… So you should act now.
Already a Zero Harm Farm user? Get your application started by completing this online form
Not a Zero Harm Farm user yet? Sign up here to New Zealand’s most comprehensive online H&S management system.
Post added by: Mark Orr
General Manager, Zero Harm Farm.